Throughout nearly 40 years of teaching private lessons my philosophy has always been to put the student’s interests and passions first, and then to discover further potential and challenges within their abilities. I strongly believe that private lessons are at the heart of creative and musical growth.
Types of Private Lessons I offer:
- Piano Instruction
All levels are welcome! Style and genre are open, but a student must be willing to recognize high standards in whatever genre he or she chooses.
- Composition Instruction
All instruments and levels are welcome! Whether a student wants compose for an ensemble or learn individual songwriting, I teach methods that allow students to learn about, and struggle with, the creative process.
- Improvisation Instruction
All instruments and levels are welcome! I will work with a student or ensemble on techniques and approaches that engender comfort and confidence in whichever improvisational realm the student is seeks improvement.
- Lessons are usually held in Dr. Granias’ home in Saint Paul, MN.
- Optimal lesson frequency, depending on level and desire, is 1-2 times per week for 30 min. – 1 hr.
- Goals and objectives are set by student in agreement with Dr. G and regularly revisited.
- Periodic progress reviews are held as needed.
- Feedback to and from parents is always welcome, Dr. G can be contacted at any time to discuss student’s progress.
I’m excited to start lessons with you, your child, or your ensemble! Please call me at 651-646-5904 or email me at email@example.com to schedule your first lesson!